Hours of Operation
The records department is open from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, with processing for gun permits ending earlier at 3:45 PM.
Services Provided to the Public
The Records Section of the Anderson Police Department performs the following public services:
- Process Gun Permits; please click here to learn more.
- Run criminal history checks (background checks) for the City of Anderson jurisdiction only; please click here to learn how you may request a criminal history check.
- Police records can be requested in person or by filling out the Record Request Form (click here) and then either by saving the filled form and emailing it to email@example.com, or by printing out the form and mailing it to APD Records, 1040 Main Street, Anderson, Indiana, 46016.
- Accident reports are purchased from buycrash.com.
- Process Taxi Permits.
- Process subpoena requests for records.
Services Provided for the Department
- Transcribe all police reports that are dictated by uniform police officers.
- Enter all traffic tickets and warnings, arrests, tow-ins, accident report information, and protective orders into the APD computer system.
- Keep records on file as required by federal and state law.
- Assist department personnel with locating and processing request for records including criminal histories, accidents, calls for service and other records.
The Anderson Police Department partners with MorphoTrust USA and buycrash.com to better assist the citizens and visitors to our city.