The Anderson Police Department performs the following tasks:
- Process Gun Permits Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Run Criminal History checks for the City of Anderson jurisdiction only Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (these are our normal business hours).
- Police reports (incident and accident) can also be picked up during our normal business hours.
- Process Taxi Permits.
- Transcribe all police reports that are dictated by uniform police officers.
- Enter all traffic tickets and warnings, arrests, tow-ins, accident report information, and protective orders into the APD computer system.