Trick or Treat hours set!
The official trick or treat hours for the City of Anderson have been set. On Sunday, October 31st, trick or treating will be from 5:30pm to 8:00pm. Chief Darron Sparks asks for everyone’s help in making this Halloween a happy and safe one. Below are some safety tips.
· -Go only to well-lit houses and never enter the home.
· - Travel in small groups and be accompanied by an adult.
· - Have their name, address, and phone number attached to the inside of their costume.
· -Bring treats home before eating them so parents can inspect them.
· -Use costume accessories that are flexible, not rigid or sharp.
When walking in neighborhoods, they should
· - Use flashlights, stay on sidewalks, and avoid crossing yards.
· - Cross streets at the corner, use crosswalks (where they exist), and do not cross between parked cars.
· - Wear clothing that is bright, reflective, and flame retardant.
· - Consider using face paint instead of masks. (Masks can obstruct a child's vision.)
· - Avoid wearing hats that will slide over their eyes.
· -Be reminded to look left, right, and left again before crossing the street.
Parents and adults should–
· -Supervise the outing for children under age 12.
· -Have children of all ages follow the establish curfew.
· -Prepare homes for trick-or-treaters by clearing porches, lawns, and sidewalks and by placing jack-o-lanterns away from doorways and landings.
· -Avoid giving choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys as treats to young children.
· -Inspect all candy for safety before children eat it.
Parents and adults should ensure the safety of pedestrian trick-or-treaters
· -Drive slowly and be mindful of the increased pedestrian traffic.
· -Watch for children in the street and on medians.
· - Exit driveways and alleyways carefully.
· - Have children get out of cars on the curb side, not on the traffic side.