Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
(Anderson, IN)—Anderson Municipal Airport- Darlington Field (KAID) recently announced they have taken a leadership position in aviation fuels by augmenting operations to support the sale of unleaded avgas. Swift Fuels’ 94-Motor-Octane-Number (MON) Avgas is available for purchase at the Municipal Airport, owned and operated by the City of Anderson, situated near I-69 in Madison County, just 35nm northeast of Indianapolis.“With much of the traffic at the airport being piston-engine aircraft, we began seeking a cleaner, environmentally-friendly alternative to leaded aviation fuel,” said Brian McMillen, Anderson Airport Manager. “We will continue to carry both self and full-service Jet A and 100LL fuel: however, with Swift Fuels’ Unleaded 94-MON hitting the market in late 2015, we recognize that we had an opportunity and obligation to provide our customers with an additional choice and the cleanest fuel option available. In working with Swift Fuels CEO Chris D’Acosta and his team, we immediately acknowledged them as an industry-leader, and recognized the high standards that they have attained. Frankly, our pilots love it.”Swift Fuels CEO, Chris D’Acosta stated, “Our company is focused on providing pilots, airports and communities with premium quality lead-free aviation gasoline on a global scale. We’re extremely proud to be the fuel of choice by forward-thinking leaders like Brian McMillen and the City of Anderson. The need to move toward unleaded avgas has been recognized internationally at the highest levels for years. For this reason the Federal Aviation Administration, in collaboration with industry Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), orchestrated the Piston Aviation Fuels Initiative (PAFI), a nationwide effort to evaluate unleaded alternatives to leaded avgas. The work done by Swift Fuels in this area has already established us as a current leader in the move towards a full-scale replacement for all aviation fuels containing lead.”Given that PAFI testing and evaluation could take several more years, Swift Fuels introduced the lower-octane 94 MON blend in late 2015 as an intermediate solution for lower-compression aircraft and a direct replacement for motor gasoline (MOGAS). Swift Fuels estimates that up to 65% of the 190,000 aircraft in the US fleet could qualify for using their premium unleaded 94-MON avgas. There is still a 100LL requirement for most high-compression aircraft that call for a minimum 100-MON fuel rating (i.e. the remaining 35% of the fleet) and will remain available until a full replacement is announced. Swift Fuel’s Unleaded 94 MON is priced competitively with all other aviation fuels and is expected to remain low subject to market volatility.
About Anderson Municipal Airport (AID)The Anderson Municipal Airport is a General Aviation airport owned and operated by the City of Anderson. The airport provides an air traffic control tower, state-of-the-art facilities, passenger and cargo terminal, and two large runways. The airport offers one of the lowest air fuel and hangar rental costs in the region, and owns and operates the adjacent Aero Industrial Park. Please visit http://www.cityofanderson.com/123/Airport for more information.
About Swift FuelsFounded in 2005, Swift Fuels is now a global leader in the development of high-performance unleaded aviation fuels. This includes UL102, an unleaded 102 Motor octane aviation gasoline that meets ASTM D7719 and a 94 Motor octane aviation gasoline that meets ASTM D7547. Swift Fuels remains an active leader in the FAA's Piston Aviation Fuel Initiative (PAFI), and in defining fuel specifications via ASTM International. Swift Fuels looks forward to a day when lead will be permanently removed from piston-engine aircraft through the rollout of Swift’s environmentally friendly, high-performance unleaded aviation fuels. For more information, please visit https://swiftfuels.com/.